How To Properly Inspect Your Air Ducts | Ductwork Diagnosis
Your HVAC system has been working hard all year. The more your system runs, the more dirt and dust can build up inside your ductwork. But before you go spending money on professional air duct cleaning, learn how to inspect your air ducts and determine if it’s necessary or not.
Cleaning your duct system has many benefits and it’s recommended that you complete this home maintenance task every 5-10 years. Clean ductwork means better indoor air quality (great for people with respiratory problems) and a more efficient HVAC system (up to 40% more efficient).
A professional duct cleaning will remove all the dust and debris in your ductwork, including small objects and toys, pet hair, mold, and other sources of indoor air pollution.
Learn how to inspect your air ducts with these simple steps:
Materials: flashlight, flash camera, and a screwdriver
1. When you HVAC system is running, take a look at your air vents and registers. If you see dust and other debris flowing out, you probably have dirty ductwork and a possible clog further down the duct system.
2. For a more thorough inspection, get out your screwdriver and flash camera and head over to one of your vent registers (located on the floor or along the lower parts of your walls). After unscrewing the vent grill, take a look inside.
3. Use your flash camera to get a better look by sticking your arm in and snapping a couple pictures.
4. Rodent droppings and signs of mold are common problems to look for. If you notice dead insects and rodent droppings, you may have an infestation problem, in which case, you should call in an exterminator ASAP.
7. If your air ducts are dirty, but not dirty enough to warrant a professional duct cleaning, you can make some improvements yourself. Watch this video to learn how to clean your air vents and registers:
By cleaning and sealing your air ducts, not only will you improve the quality of your indoor air, but also the overall efficiency of your HVAC system. This will result in lower costs, higher comfort, and less sickness. If you don’t know the cause of your respiratory ailments, cleaning your air ducts just might be the solution you’re looking for.
Pro’s Map Location
Pro Duct Cleaning
Pro Duct Cleaning
1895 N Euclid St
Fullerton, CA 92835
Orange County, CA
Contact (714) 384-6699